Saturday 28 March 2015

WEEK 3!! The 8 Week Little Black Dress Challenge :).


WEEK 3



Hey guys!

Welcome back to my third instalment of the LITTLE BLACK DRESS CHALLENGE. Judging by the number of hits and feed back I have been getting, these posts have been going now really well with my readers. Thank you for your support :). So what had this week got in store for us? Keep reading :) ....

1st Session

The warm up tonight was everyones 'favourite' 5 minute jog around the hall to get the blood flowing. And we where straight into it. And tonight we where...

The stations included:

LAPS AROUND THE HALL JOGGING
BURPEES
UPRIGHT ROWS USING THE KETTLE BELL
SQUATS USING THE MEDICINE BALL
SKATERS USING THE STEPPERS
PUSH UPS WITH A TWIST
SHOULDER PRESS USING THE DUMB BELLS
WALL SIT WITH A KETTLE BELL
BACK KICKS
LATERAL RAISE LUNGES WITH DUMB BELLS.


We stayed on each station for 2 minutes. We then jogged 10 laps of the hall in the interval (and I found this very tough!) and we returned to the stations to do the circuit again. We then did an abs blast- crunches, bicycles and plank. A good solid workout over all :).


2nd Session

Night 2 guys unfortunately didn't happen for me this week :(. I did myself a minor injury in work on my hand and basically it felt like an elephant had sat on it! I ended up in A&E after 6 days of agony only to be given strong pain relief and the relief that nothing was fractured or broken. So on the doctors and my trainers advice I'm laying off it for a couple days and I'll be back in action next week, hopefully. So there you have it guys, that's life! 

I got really down in myself because of it but these things happen. And it could have been so much worse. I also learned a valuable life lesson and that is I will never ever let myself go so long in pain without seeking professional and medical help/advice again as leaving it like this so long was not without its consequence! This situation wreaks of last Summer when I thought a streptococcal throat was just a sore throat. I guess what I am trying to say is our health really is our wealth and we should take good care of ourselves! But this week is now and behind me I still got in 2 decent work outs in.

Enjoy your Easter weekend next guys. You will still hear from me next Sunday on my progress, as we hit the half way mark in the Little Black Dress Challenge.

 Much Love,


Amy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment